Centre Manager/Team Leader
Position – Centre Manager/Team Leader
Starting date – March 2018
Basis – Permanent
Pay/Salary – £20,500 pro rata
Closing date for applications – 12/01/18
To oversee and be responsible for a team of activity instructors/staff whilst ensuring the successful day to day running of the centre and activities associated with it.
Any candidates should have previous managerial experience in the industry or educational sector
– Report to centre directors on a regular basis
– Work inline with company procedures/polices
– Maintain a professional approach at all times
– Offer support and guidance to staff where necessary
– Act as a team leader both on and off activities
– Run/delegate staff meetings
– Be responsible for staff monitoring/professional development
– Devise training programmes & strategies
– Maintain the upkeep of staff training/qualification folders
– Offer administrative support when required
– Ensure the safe & correct delivery of activities & operations at the centre and off-site at all times
– Actively engage with visiting groups and regularly liaise with teachers & staff
Required NGBs/Qualifications include;
– Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC & D1 Driving Licence)
– RLSS National Beach Lifeguard Qualification or similar award
– White Water Safety or equivalent Life Saving Award
Desirable NGBs/Qualifications include;
– SPA Award (Assessment)
– UKCC Level 2 Leader
– ML Award (Summer)
– Coasteering/Gorge Walking Leader Validation
Morfa Bay Adventure is a busy, vibrant adventure centre situated on the South, West Wales coastline near to the Pembrokeshire Coastal National Park.
Operating as an adventurous activity provider for over 30 years the company has gone from strength to strength offering outdoor experiences to all ages and abilities throughout the year and various locations.
The position will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and all applicants must have an in-date first aid qualification before being considered for employment. N.B. Morfa Bay Adventure does not offer any on-site rented staff accommodation. Applicants will need to email/post a letter of application and C.V. with previous employment, experiences & referees to Jonathan Owen at; firstname.lastname@example.org or to Morfa Bay Adventure, Pendine, Carmarthenshire, SA33 4PJ.